Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Jeremy Irvine Mentions Jamie


Do you feel there's a degree of exploitation in having been so exposed on screen? Do you think, with recent films like 50 Shades of Grey, and the popularity of things like Poldark, that voyeurism is shifting towards the male form?

I’m really angry at people like Jamie Dornan – what happened to the old days? We’re not meant to have 8 packs! Jamie Dornan and all the others have ruined it for the rest of us, by having such incredible physiques. I’m not built like that. It was a lot of work to get that way.

But here’s the thing: I think it's annoying when there’s no point to it, when you think, why is he built like that? But for this film, the character had to be this outdoor rock-climbing guy. My stunt double was – literally – the character I was playing. The minute we finished filming, he’d be off again rock climbing. And how he looked was how I had to look for the character. So if it’s for the character fine, if it’s for just the sake of vanity then nah, it's just not worth it.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment