Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Alexandre Aja Talks About 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' and Mentions Jamie


I know you’ve got a film in post-production which is a different type of film. Tell me a little bit about that. And also tell me about Scanners because that is also in the works.

I have a few different things happening. One of them is I finished this movie, The 9th Life of Louis Drax, for Miramax. I’m so proud and so happy with the movie. I can’t wait for people to be able to see it. We finished it a few months ago. It’s a real psychological mystery/drama. It’s not scary. It’s not horror at all. But it’s very emotional. Aaron Paul is amazing. Sarah Gadon and Jamie Dornan are great.

The movie, it’s really, really original and unique, the story is. And it was a movie that Anthony Minghella was supposed to do before he passed. I’m really proud to have been part of it. I cannot wait for the movie to come out. It’s really different from anything I’ve been doing.

Meanwhile, I really love what we call the genre. I love that kind of story. So I’ve been developing this TV show Scanners for a very, very long time. But it’s hard, Again, TV is so competitive. And there is so much going on. But I’m working on other TV projects too because it’s also an interesting place to push the boundary. I feel that somehow TV now is a more open space to go into places that are darker where you will never go with movies.

So I’m also looking into that. And I’m getting ready for my next one. We’ll see.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment